Current NC Medical Board Openings 2020
The Review Panel for the North Carolina Medical Board (RP-NCMB) is now accepting applications for three seats on the Medical Board, term beginning November 2020:
- Two seats for a qualified licensed physician, and
- One seat for a qualified licensed physician who is a member of The Old North State Medical Society.
An applicant shall meet each of the following criteria:
(1) Hold an active, non-limited license to practice medicine in North Carolina, or in the case of a physician assistant or nurse practitioner, hold an active license or approval to perform medical acts, tasks, and functions in North Carolina.
(2) Have an active clinical or teaching practice. For purposes of this subdivision, the term "active" means patient care, or instruction of students in an accredited medical school or residency, or clinical research program, for 20 hours or more per week.
(3) Have actively practiced in this State for at least five consecutive years immediately preceding the appointment.
(4) Intend to remain in active practice in this State for the duration of the term on the Board.
(5) Submit at least three signed letters of recommendation, either from individuals or from professional or other societies or organizations. Letters of recommendation from sitting members of the NCMB are discouraged.
(6) Have no public disciplinary history with the Board or any other licensing board in this State or another state over the past 10 years before applying for appointment to the Board.
(7) Have no history of felony convictions of any kind.
(8) Have no misdemeanor convictions related to the practice of medicine.
(9) Indicate, in a manner prescribed by the Review Panel, that the applicant: (i) understands that the primary purpose of the Board is to protect the public; (ii) is willing to take appropriate disciplinary action against his or her peers for misconduct or violations of the standards of care or practice of medicine; and (iii) is aware of the time commitment needed to be a constructive member of the Board.
Please review the letter explaining Board service.
Candidates who are selected to serve on the North Carolina Medical Board will be required to uphold and abide by the NCMB Code of Conduct.
Applications are submitted on-line. The online application has to be submitted in one sitting. It is recommended that you have information such as previous places of employment, names of three references, and your curriculum vitae available to upload when you begin the online application. A minimum of three (3) signed letters of recommendation are required – they may be uploaded after the initial online application.
START BY CREATING YOUR LOGIN/PASSWORD ON THIS PAGE (RIGHT SIDEBAR)
Supporting documentation such as letters of recommendation may be submitted through the on-line portal, by mail (USPS) or UPS or FedEx or hand delivered to the Review Panel offices at 1500 Sunday Drive, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC 27607, or emailed (letters of recommendation must be scanned and include signature) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxed documents are not accepted.
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be received at the Review Panel’s offices on or before Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 4:45 PM EST to be considered for these openings. There are absolutely no extensions granted.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will be held on August 22 (and 23 if required). Interviews must be conducted in person in accordance with the Review Panel bylaws. There are absolutely no exceptions to the date or in-person requirement.