The Review Panel for the North Carolina Medical Board (RP-NCMB) is now accepting applications for four seats on the North Carolina Medical Board (NCMB) for the 3 year term beginning November 2018:
· Two seats for a qualified physician
· One seat for a qualified physician assistant
· One seat for a qualified nurse practitioner
To be considered qualified for a physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner position on the Board, an applicant shall meet each of the following criteria:
(1) Hold an active, non-limited license to practice medicine in North Carolina, or in the case of a physician assistant or nurse practitioner, hold an active license or approval to perform medical acts, tasks, and functions in North Carolina.
(2) Have an active clinical or teaching practice. For purposes of this subdivision, the term "active" means patient care, or instruction of students in an accredited medical school or residency, or clinical research program, for 20 hours or more per week.
(3) Have actively practiced in this State for at least five consecutive years immediately preceding the appointment.
(4) Intend to remain in active practice in this State for the duration of the term on the Board.
(5) Submit at least three letters of recommendation, either from individuals or from professional or other societies or organizations. Submit your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
(6) Have no public disciplinary history with the Board or any other licensing board in this State or another state over the past 10 years before applying for appointment to the Board.
(7) Have no history of felony convictions of any kind.
(8) Have no misdemeanor convictions related to the practice of medicine.
(9) Indicate, in a manner prescribed by the Review Panel, that the applicant: (i) understands that the primary purpose of the Board is to protect the public; (ii) is willing to take appropriate disciplinary action against his or her peers for misconduct or violations of the standards of care or practice of medicine; and (iii) is aware of the time commitment needed to be a constructive member of the Board.
Please review the letter explaining Board service.
Candidates who are selected to serve on the North Carolina Medical Board will be required to uphold and abide by the NCMB Code of Conduct.
Applications are submitted on-line. The online application has to be submitted in one sitting. It is recommended that you have information such as previous places of employment, names of three references, or any other information that would appear on your curriculum vitae available when you begin the online application. Curriculum Vitae (CV) may be uploaded online or emailed (see below).
CLICK HERE to submit application or copy and paste in your brower http://www.ncmedboardreviewpanel.com/medical-board-review-panel-online-application
Supporting documentation such as letters of recommendation can be submitted by mail (USPS) or UPS or FedEx or hand delivered to the Review Panel offices at 1500 Sunday Drive, Suite 102, Raleigh, NC 27607 or emailed (letters of recommendation must be scanned and include signature) to email@example.com. Faxed documents are not accepted.
Completed applications and all supporting documentation must be received at the Review Panel’s offices on or before Monday July 2, 2018 at 4:45 PM EST to be considered for these openings.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will be held on August 25 (and 26 if required), 2018 at the Rizzo Conference Center, Chapel Hill, NC. Interviews must be conducted in person in accordance with the Review Panel Bylaws.
For more information, call or email Claudia Carroll, the staff administrator for the Review Panel, at 919-863-9485 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE [1.22.2018 Currently all direct governor-appointed positions have been filled.]